Wednesday 9 January 2008

Great Balls of...Snow


Our time in Oster was drawing to a close, and Alex, Amber, Bethanie, Keith and I felt a need for a group excursion. With this idea, we wondered to the same place we wandered to on our first weekend in that town, to the river. Oh, serenity was again met so sweetly, but we were joined with additional party members this time, but they were not members of our party...enemies indeed. I spy three boys eying us, squinting and cocking their heads, I knew something was up. I glance and Amber and she looks back, she knows the game, and it was on. The two of us bend down and lightly grab handfuls of snow, she threw first and I quickly followed. We had begun a snowball fight with a small but powerful group of Ukrainian boys. The battle was long, but sadly, I think the five Americans in their early and mid twenties destroyed the grade schoolers.

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps. With any response, please be respectful to anyone who may read this website and your responses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love your new posts!!! Great stories. Aaron said, "you're going to put somebody's eye out!" (with snowballs). ha! Love and miss you. xoxo

Katie said...

I'm so glad I finally found your blog. I love your stories. The snowball fight looks like it was a lot of fun. I hope you are doing well. We love you. Love- The Ruckers